HOW TO INSTALL OPENVPN ON WINDOWS
- Head on over to https://openvpn.net/index.php/open-source/downloads.html and download the latest version of the Installer. Note: The current version may be different from the screenshots.
2. Open your downloads folder and double-click openvpn-install-x.x.x.exe
3. Click Yes on the User Account Control window.
4. Click Next > on the next window.
5. Click I Agree to agree to the terms of the software.
6. Leave all the default options and click Next >
7. Click Install
8. Click Install to allow Windows Security to install TAP.
9. Click Yes if you do not have the correct version of .NET Framework installed. It will download the correct version. This step may take a while.
10. Tick the box “I have read and accept the license terms.”. Now click Install.
11. Once the install has finished, click Next >
12. Untick Show Readme and click Finish.
INSTALL CONFIGURATION FILES
1. Download your configuration files. They should have a ovpn file name extension.
2. You should have OpenVPN GUI running in the System Tray.
If not then double click the OpenVPN GUI icon on the Desktop.
3. Right click the icon in the System Tray and click Import file…
4. Open your Downloads folder and double click your configuration file.
5. You should get a File imported successfully popup. Repeat from step 3 to import multiple configuration files.
CONNECTING TO YOUR CONFIGURATION FILES
- Right click the OpenVPN GUI icon in the System Tray
and click the Connect option.
2. The window below will popup and you should get a message saying you are successfully connected. You can click Hide.
3. Your icon in the System Tray should be green now.